An avid blog reader and internet user who figured...it can't be that hard. Famous first and sometimes last words.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

A sacred exchange

Last night a beautiful thing happened.  Although it  was only a conversation it stuck with me and I have found myself daydreaming about the possibility more than once this morning. I can see it so clearly in my head and it is a beautiful sight.

Adoption.

Aaron and I have had baby planning on our mind, which is surely a symptom of having family and friends with inquiring minds. My answer to the question of when we are having our next has consistently been "If I knew it would be a boy we would start tonight." All humor involves truth. I want a little man, this is no secret, but there are no sure bets when it comes to baby making. As we sat in the living room last night, in the middle of talks of dinner and a laughing baby, Aaron asks me "Do you know the one sure way to get a little boy?... Adopt"

And so began a conversation. So many factors will determine if this conversation will ever turn into action but it is an idea we will keep in hand.I have a lot of love to give to a child and I am fortunate to be welcomed into a family that will embrace and adore any life we choose for ourselves.

The Fredericks Family Christmas pictures will be eclectic visions of multi-culturalism by the time we have all paired up and made/adopted babies. I can't wait!
 
Fredericks Family Christmas 2011- I love that Sawyer is in here too!

Fredericks Family Christmas 2012- Minus a few people, plus a whole Sawyer! Funny thing about this picture- it was taken two minutes after we checked out by a camera propped up on a lawn chair. Resourceful folks! 

But in the mean time- I am not ready for number 2, whether boy or girl. With the day dreams from last nights conversation I will take from it that we will not always be a family of 3, this has almost surely been decided. Whether from my womb or the world, we will welcome another life into this family.

Cheers!

Someday our family album may have a photo much like this...?






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Blogger news

Blogroll

Blogger templates

© 2011 With a super cool heart..., AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena